An invite to Central West NSW makers to list (for free) on a new BUY LOCAL ONLINE page on Arts OutWest’s new website.
Arts OutWest is adding a new section to our revamped www.artsoutwest.org.au website to go alongside our existing What’s On event calendar and Culture Maps Central NSW.
Of course the Culture Maps site already has the HANDMADE directory of places to shop, in person, for arts, crafts and artisan wares that are locally made. But, we wanted also to support and promote all the artists and makers who sell directly through their own online stores.
So, we’re putting the call out for listings for the new BUY LOCAL ONLINE page that will feature on our new Arts OutWest website. The new website will go live early February 2021.
Listing is free, but we do have a short criteria:
- You live/make your work in the NSW Central West (in the local government areas of Bathurst Region, Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Forbes, Lachlan, Lithgow, Oberon, Orange, Parkes, Weddin)
- You or your business makes something original and which is made by-and-large by hand (art, crafts, textiles, clothing, jewellery, homewares, CDs or downloads of your music, furniture, something artisan). We’re not looking for produce, food, wine etc. We’re talking art We’re also not looking for shops that act as a reseller of goods made outside the region – we really want to showcase the work made right here.
- You sell online (online shop on your website, Etsy, Bluethumb, Paetreon, Band camp, madeit, Facebook store, other online shops etc etc).
WHAT TO SUBMIT:
- A single great image that shows some of your work (high res jpg or png file, large is okay)
- Your preferred name/ business name
- Location (town)
- A very short description of what you make and sell (max 150 characters. Basically like an Instagram description – a copy and paste of your Insty description is totally fine).
- Link to your site/ selling platform (one link).
- And, not for publishing but just for our records: a contact phone number and email address.
EMAIL this all to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT WE’LL PUBLISH ONLINE:
Your image, business/ artist name, town you’re from, that short description and we’ll link it all to your site.
This is a mock-up of the section of the website (currently being built, will be live early February):
CONNECT WITH US ON SOCIALS
We follow lots of creatives from the region but love to find new ones. Follow or tag us and we can follow you:
Subscribe here to our monthly news and occasional opportunity updates
ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS
Contact us at Arts OutWest.
Our communications team work Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Phone: 02 6338 4657
Image credit: The Journey Person Handmade market at The Corner Store Gallery Orange. Photo: Madi Young.